Where can you get Internet (and food!) in Athens?
Here’s my list. Let me know if I left anything out!
1. Border’s books in the Beechwood shopping center- It’s actually a t-mobile hotspot (that means you have to pay), but many study days there have allowed me to pick up a signal from other unsuspecting Internet users. While you’re there, grab a cup of peppermint tea and a rice krispy treat. They have M&Ms in them. Heck yes.
2. McDonald’s– Who knew? You can eat your McNuggets and read my blog all at once! Aren’t you lucky.
3. Barnes and Noble– From the list I’m referencing, there are a couple of service providers. Choose one and then order a seasonal latte. They have Starbucks coffee there, so you can get your favorite!
4. Cups Coffee Cafe– I made a post about this before, and their Wi-Fi connection is really fast and free! They have cakes from the Last Resort, and their coffee and tea is fab.
5. Jittery Joe’s– It seems like coffee places are the theme of the night. For breakfast, lunch or dinner, the Joe is the place to go. Wi-Fi and a bagel. Wi-Fi and an Odwalla bar. Wi-Fi and a muffin. Be sure you’re not going anywhere afterwards, though. I always come out of there smelling like a roasting barn.
7. McAlister’s Deli– This is one of my favorite places to go for Wi-Fi. I have officially filled up my Tea Card twice, and I intend on increasing that number.
8. Panera Bread– In my earlier years of college when I didn’t have my own room in which to study, I would retreat here. Sometimes I’d order coffee; sometime’s I’d get a meal. Other times I’d make four or five trips to the basket with the free bread. Come on, you know you’ve done it, too.
9. Schlotzsky’s Deli– This is one place only a few people know about, I think. I’ve gone here for lunch on Sundays after church to continue with homework afterwards! I think they have Cinnabons at the location on Baxter now, too.
10. Downtown Athens– In case you didn’t know, all of downtown Athens is part of the WAGZ network. It’s free, and you can get it in a restaurant or sitting on a bench. Convenient and wonderful. I don’t know who thought of that, but thanks!
So there you go, lads and lassies. I hope these hints help you find a great study spot besides the SLC or the library. Good luck on exams!