As many of you know, I’m scheduled to graduate from UGA in May. So, my May 9, I will have said goodbye to Dawg Food and all that is college. I am on a search, however, to find a fitting successor, so let me know if you have any recommendations.
I realized I only have seven weeks left at UGA, so I decided to make a Bucket List for the places I’d like to review (that I haven’t been to yet) or places I just need to go back to before I leave Athens. I don’t want to get too sentimental, so let’s just get to the point.
“The Great Dawg Food Bucket List”
- Athens Regional Medical Center Cafeteria: Sounds weird, I know. However, I’ve heard from many reliable sources that the cafeteria at ARMC is amazing, especially the apple cobbler. I’m a sucker for cafeterias. We used to go to Luby’s cafeteria every Sunday after church when I was little, and I love a place where you can get Jell-O, mashed potatoes, macaroni, fried chicken, a roll, and chocolate pie in one swoop. I hope ARMC Cafeteria lives up to my high expectations.
- Weaver D’s: I still can’t believe I haven’t been there. Before I even came to UGA, my neighbor told me that I needed to eat at Weaver D’s. In the past four years, I haven’t made a trip there. It’s a must.
- Big Easy Cafe: A rather new establishment, the Big Easy Cafe in Watkinsville is home to Louisiana and Cajun food. I’m actually eating a low country boil from there this weekend, so I’ll let you know how it is.
- Any UGA Dining Hall: Like I said, I love cafeterias. I think it’s only appropriate for me to eat in at least one of the UGA dining commons before I graduate. They filled my little freshman head with so many memories of froyo, egg white omlettes, lasagna, salads, turkey sandwiches, and the ever-so-addicting chocolate cookies that I can’t help but go back one last time.
- Black Forest Bakery: The old location of Black Forest on Prince closed about a year ago, but it has been reopened on the East Side by Johnny’s Pizza. I read an article in the Athens Banner Herald about it a couple of weeks ago and decided I needed to check it out. Maybe I’ll order some donuts for a class or something. We’ll see.
- Places I’ve been but want to go back to: I really want to revisit all of them, but here’s a shorter list…La Dolce Vita, The Sultan, Farm 255, The Five and Ten, Porterhouse Grill, Mirko Pasta, Dondero’s Kitchen, Clocked, The Basil Press, The Globe.
- (you insert here): Where would you like me to go? Is there a restaurant I haven’t talked about that I need to review? Let me know!
So, before I kick the Dawg Food bucket, I hope I’ll be able to visit all or most of these places. Have a great weekend, everyone!